Too-pretty-to-eat Crepes

The perks of being living alone at home. You have so much extra time on your hand that you don't really know what to do. 

But I do! I always know what to do when I have extra time on hand!My parents are out of town for a couple days and what do I do, I head to the kitchen. I have a one track mind. What can I say! 

Jeez.... I need a life! But we'll have plenty of time to go through that later. For now let me share this beauty with you. 

Did you know btw, that in India, strawberries come in winters?! Which is why I always have them stocked in my fridge for the 13 days its cold here. 

I love me that gorgeously seedy, sweetly tart-y, fresh, succulent red fruit! Somehow eating strawberries always reminds me of that scene in Pretty Woman when Richard Gere and Julia come to his pent house suite for the first time and he offers her offers strawberries. She, quite offhandedly, asks him why and he replies, " it brings out the flavour of the Champagne" 

Its been a whole lot of talk for a very simple recipe. Lets cook please before I keep rambling on.



Serves: 2

Complexity: **

Time taken: 15 mins


You'll need

1 1/2 cup wheat flour/all purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence (optional but suggested)
Pinch of love
some butter or oil for the pan
2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2-3 tbsp cream
strawberries
mini reese's buttercups (optional)

Method

Combine your ingredients for the crepe in a bowl. In goes the flour, sugar, vanilla, egg. Gradually add the milk while whisking. You want a runny batter, like melted icecream. 



Heat a griddle/ skillet on medium heat. Spray some oil or melt half a tsp of butter to grease the griddle.



Pour the crepe batter and swirl the pan so it is evenly distributed all over in almost a round. Keep the crepe layer quite thin. If you are spooning in the batter, about 2 ladle fulls of the batter should suffice. Depends mostly on the size of your pan. 




Now I'll ask you to be a little imaginative because I got a phone call in the middle and forgot taking pics of the rest of the steps. Flip over the crepe after about a minute on one side. Its should be golden brown. The second side takes lesser time, around 45 seconds. Repeat the process and make crepes out of the rest of the batter

Meanwhile, melt your chocolate along with the cream in the microwave. Mix it all together and you have your ganache ready. If you want to make it a little runny, add a tbsp of milk and you can drizzle that over the crepes. 

Place your peanut buttercups on the hot crepes so they start to soften a little. Halve the gorgeous strawberries and scatter them on the crepes. 

Beauty overload! Dust in your pinch of love and Indulge! 







Comments

Popular Posts